Re: [ontolog-forum] [UBL-Ontology] Picking our Methodology

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Adam Pease <apease@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:53:27 -0800
Folks,
   Here's an initial mapping of some terms in UBL to formalized terms in
SUMO.  A few terms are from the financial ontology that you can also
download from <http://ontology.teknowledge.com>    (01)

UBL term                            related SUMO or domain ontology term
(preliminary mapping)    (02)

Party information
   Seller                            agent, Selling
     name                            name
     address                         address
       Street
       CityName                      City
       CountrySub-EntityCode         StateOrProvince
       Country                       Nation
   Invoice number                    SymbolicString
   Invoice date                      date, DayFn, MonthFn, YearFn
   Seller's reference
   Buyer's reference
   Other reference
     quote                           Contract
     contract                        Contract
   Consignee
   Buyer                             agent, Buying
     name                            name
     address                         address
   Buyer's bank
     PaymentMeans                    Payment
     PayerFinancialAccount           accountHolder
     FiBranch
     FinancialInstitutionName        name, FinancialOrganization
   Country of origin                 origin
   Country of destination            destination    (03)

Delivery and transport
   Mode of transport                 Transportation, agent, Vehicle
   Date of despatch [sic]            date, DayFn, MonthFn, YearFn
   Means of transport                Transportation, agent, Vehicle
   Place of despatch                 origin
   Place of loading                  origin
   Place of discharge                destination
   Place of delivery                 destination
   Terms of delivery
   Location                          located
   Time of delivery                  time
   Transport Charges                 monetaryValue
   Terms of payment                  Contract
   Currency of payment
     currencyCode                    CurrencyMeasure
     amount                          monetaryValue    (04)

Line item information
   Shipping marks                    documentation
   Container Nr.                     SymbolicString
   Number and kind of packages;
     description of goods            SymbolicString
   Total gross weight (Kg)           measure, Kilogram, Pound etc.
   Cube m3                           measure, VolumeMeasure
   Item                              Object subclasses
   Description                       documentation
   Quantity U/M
   Unit price                        monetaryValue
   Amount                            monetaryValue    (05)

Summary information
   Invoice clauses
     PaymentTerms
       ID                            SymbolicString
       Note                          documentation
       FromEventCode
       SettlementDiscountRateNumeric
       PenaltySurchargeRateNumeric
       SettlementPeriod
         StartDateTimeDate           BeginFn
         EndDateTimeDate             EndFn
         DurationMeasure             duration
         DescriptionCode             SymbolicString
       PenaltyPeriod
         StartDateTimeDate           BeginFn
         EndDateTimeDate             EndFn
         DurationMeasure             duration
         DescriptionCode             SymbolicString
   Total amount
     currencyCode                    CurrencyMeasure
     amount                          monetaryValue
   Name of signatory                 name
   Place of issue                    location
   Signature    (06)

mailto:ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    (08)