Re: [ontolog-forum] Tools for the UBL Ontology Project

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: duane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: marion.royal@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 08:15:50 -0500

I forwarded this thread to Duane Nickull, of XML Global because I consider
him to be an expert on ebXML Reg/Rep.  Here is his response and I am
including him as a courtesy copy should anyone wish to reply/comment.    (01)

Duane Nickull wrote:    (02)

Yes please:    (03)

The ebXML Registry could work as a Terminology servver since it is
largely agnostic to the Registry Objects themselves.  What would have to
be studied is the classification trees, artifact structure (+ syntax)
and specialized associations needed to facilitate setting an ebXML
registry up as a terminology server.    (04)

Some of this work has been started based on providing a semantic
equivalency function between elements of disparate taxonomies by
relating them to each other within certain contexts.  This work involves
taking the UN/CEFACT Core Components methodologies and deriving an XML
syntax representation of both CC's and BIE's.  Those artifacts are then
referenced via an ebXML and a uni or bilateral reference is made between
classes of equivalent objects.    (05)

I support an open source project.  It may be nice to tie in some of TB
Lee's work on semantic Web.    (06)

Duane    (07)

--
VP Strategic Relations,