UBL 5/24/2002: [ontolog] Position Paper Question Set #01

To: <ubl-ontolog@xxxxxxxx>
From: "Monica Martin" <mmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 06:49:40 -0700

See below.
Monica
    (01)

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Kurt Conrad
        Sent: Thu 5/23/2002 11:22 PM
        To: ubl-ontolog@xxxxxxxx
        Subject: [ontolog] Position Paper Question Set #01
    (02)

        All,
    (03)

        Based on my conversations with Peter and today's conference
call,
        I've offered to lead a discussion exploring possible ways to
        integrate ontological principles into the UBL effort.  The
output
        from this exercise is expected to be a position paper.
    (04)

        The approach that I'm going to use is based on a strategic
planning
        model called AtStake.  While this approach is normally used in a
        group setting, I think that we can make good progress via the
email
        list and conference calls which have been set up.
    (05)

        Periodically, I will post a set of questions for each of us to
        answer.  I will then monitor the discussion, summarize the
results,
        and post the next set of questions, as appropriate.
    (06)

        Please post your responses to ubl-ontolog@xxxxxxxxx
    (07)

        The first set of questions deal with basic alignment:
    (08)

           What's your background?  Please provide a brief description.
    (09)

        System and test engineering specifically requirements analysis,
exercise and system level test, and information systems architecture
(plus extensive background in communications - newprint journalism and
technical writing).
    (010)

           Why are you motivated to participate in this discussion?
    (011)

        Understanding the new concepts that will enable more effective
communication and the presentation/transmission of information using
web-enabled technologies.  Understand if other complementary options
exist to increase UBL's success factor.
    (012)

           What would you, personally, like to get out of this?
    (013)

        Understanding of the Semantic Web and its utility in standards
development.
    (014)

           What one result would please you the most?
        As Lisa, unknown at this time.
    (015)

        /s/ kwc 2002.05.23 22:22
    (016)

        Kurt Conrad
        2994 Salem Dr.                     408-247-0454
        Santa Clara, CA 95051-5502         408-247-0457 (data/fax)
        http://www.SagebrushGroup.com
mailto:conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    (017)

        --
        An archive of the [ubl-ontolog] postings can be found
        at http://ubl.cim3.org/lists/ubl-ontolog/