Re: [ontolog] Position Paper Question Set #01

To: ubl-ontolog@xxxxxxxx
From: Lisa Seaburg <xmlgeek@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 07:38:44 -0500
Kurt,    (01)

The first set of questions deal with basic alignment:

What's your background?  Please provide a brief description.      (02)

My background is with SGML and XML, document analysis and construction.     (03)

>   Why are you motivated to participate in this discussion?    (04)

Because I don't understand it, and whenever that happens, I tend to want
to understand and see how I can use it.    (05)

>    What would you, personally, like to get out of this?    (06)

An understanding of what Ontology is, and if it is useful to this group,
help make it work.    (07)

>    What one result would please you the most?    (08)

I don't know at  this point.    (09)

Kurt Conrad wrote:

> All,
>
> Based on my conversations with Peter and today's conference call,
> I've offered to lead a discussion exploring possible ways to
> integrate ontological principles into the UBL effort.  The output
> from this exercise is expected to be a position paper.
>
> The approach that I'm going to use is based on a strategic planning
> model called AtStake.  While this approach is normally used in a
> group setting, I think that we can make good progress via the email
> list and conference calls which have been set up.
>
> Periodically, I will post a set of questions for each of us to
> answer.  I will then monitor the discussion, summarize the results,
> and post the next set of questions, as appropriate.
>
> Please post your responses to ubl-ontolog@xxxxxxxxx
>
> The first set of questions deal with basic alignment:
>
>    What's your background?  Please provide a brief description.
>
>    Why are you motivated to participate in this discussion?
>
>    What would you, personally, like to get out of this?
>
>    What one result would please you the most?
>
> /s/ kwc 2002.05.23 22:22

> Kurt Conrad
> 2994 Salem Dr.                     408-247-0454
> Santa Clara, CA 95051-5502         408-247-0457 (data/fax)
> http://www.SagebrushGroup.com      mailto:conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> --
> An archive of the [ubl-ontolog] postings can be found
> at http://ubl.cim3.org/lists/ubl-ontolog/    (010)

Lisa Seaburg
AEON Consulting
Website: http://users.gmi.net/~xmlgeek/
Email:  xmlgeek@xxxxxxx
Phone: 662-562-7676
Cellphone: 662-501-7676    (011)

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"
An archive of the [ubl-ontolog] postings can be found
at http://ubl.cim3.org/lists/ubl-ontolog/    (012)