Re: [ontolog-admin] Problem w/ Failed Mail Delivery to Ontolog Listserv

To: Frank Guerino <Frank.Guerino@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-admin]" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 18:41:02 -0800
Hi Frank,    (01)

"sorbs" is a public blacklist that marks mail servers that are
spamming others. This is one of the blacklist databases that our
mailing list system checks with before allowing a message to enter it.    (02)

I suppose the verizon.net mail server that you were despatching your
message on probably has another user who is sending out spam. You are
running into the situation similar to what is described at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-admin/2012-03/msg00002.html    (03)

What is most expedient, would be for you to contact verizon.net
support, and notify them of this (in case they don't already know) so
they can get themselves out of trouble, or route your (and others')
messages via another mail server.    (04)

In general, I'd say, just try again in a bit (an hour or two, maybe
less) and keep trying. Major players like Google, Yahoo, Microsoft,
Verizon, AT&T, etc. should be able to get themselves out of public
blacklisting in no time, once they know about it.    (05)

Thanks & regards. =ppy    (06)

Peter Yim
ListAdmin, ONTOLOG