[ontolog-admin] Issue with "post" being blocked [was - Re: FW: Delivery

To: Hans Polzer <hpolzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Todd J Schneider <todd.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 18:18:23 -0800
Hans,    (01)

>From the looks of it, the particular mail server of your ISP that was
used to deliver your post was identified as a "spammer" by SORBS (one
of the more popular publicly available blacklists services.) Like all
well managed listservs, our mailing list system checks a range of
these public blacklists, and block messages from all mail servers that
are blacklisted, just to make sure *we* don't get spammed.    (02)

Since your ISP is verizon.net (similarly, large ISP's and email
services like gmail, yahoo!mail, hotmail, etc), they should know and
act on these things fairly promptly (for smaller ISP's, you might have
to nudge them to take action, and get themselves delisted quickly.)
Generally, if you post after a while (a couple of hour or so, say)
things might just work properly again.    (03)

If timeliness is of essence, you can try posting from a different
address (it needs to be a subscriber of the list, though), or get
someone (a friend, me, whoever) to relay that post for you.    (04)

You might also want to check an earlier exchange at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-admin/2011-09/msg00000.html
which dealt with a similar situation for more details.    (05)

Regards. =ppy