Re: [ontolog-admin] [oor-forum] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

To: Alexander Garcia <alexgarciac@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-admin] forum" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 11:32:12 -0700
Hi Alex,    (01)

A list of subscribers to this mailing-list can actually be viewed by
any subscriber, if you sign into the system from the listinfo page. It
would be much more appropriate if you (or everyone) would take
advantage of that, rather than using the mailing list to solicit with
the membership to join social networks.    (02)

(I generally don't participate in these, but even then)Two immediate
draw backs I can think of, that suggest we should ask members not to
do this ...    (03)

(i) LinkedIn will keep on sending reminders to our list address (now
that you have started it) to prompt people to join you ... (some,
myself included, will regard these messages as spam,) and    (04)

(ii) the footnote of your message actually stated that LinkedIn has
copyright to your post ... and that, is in breach of our contribution
and IPR policy (ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32 )    (05)

Hope you ... and others (who are thinking of doing the same) would
refrain from using our ontolog.cim3.net mailing lists to make similar
solicitations.    (06)

Thanks & regards. =ppy