Re: [ontolog-admin] Ontology Summit mailing list

To: Dalia E Varanka <dvaranka@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-admin] forum" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 11:45:13 -0800
Hi Dalia,    (01)

(a) You best bet (which is what a lot of people do) is to set a filter
on your email client to put everything away into a folder, so you can
read them at a time of your choice, rather than having that traffic
inundate your inbox. [ ... This is good because it also allows you to
respond to particular messages and maintain the threading, later.]    (02)

(b) An alternative way is to set yourself into a "digest mode" which
will only send you one compilation everyday (or when it accumulates to
25 messages ... a problem this causes is that when you want to
respond, the threading is broken; although one can still try to mimic
the subject line when responding to, at least, retain some context.)    (03)

(c) You can also set yourself to a "no mail" mode; that way, your
viewing of the messages would need to be done from the html message
archive at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/    (04)

(d) Either way, please try not to unsubscribe yourself, because that
removes you from the community. (Although, you will still be on the
[ontolog-invitation] announcement list, unless you consciously
unsubscribe yourself from that as well.)    (05)

You can do (b) and (c) yourself at the listinfo page (but you will
need the original password created for you when you were first
subscribed.) Feel free to email me, and I can do it for you too (as
the list-owner.)    (06)

Thanks & regards. =ppy
Peter P. Yim
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PeterYim    (07)

p.s. hope you don't mind my sharing this message of yours with the
rest of the community.  =ppy