Re: [ontolog-admin] [ontolog-forum] Knowledge Is The Next Big Idea In In

To: Pavithra Kenjige <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-admin] forum" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 18:18:05 -0800
Pavithra,    (01)

I am writing to you in another attempt to maintain a good
signal-to-noise ratio on the [ontolog-forum] mailing list. Since we
are "pushing" members' posts to hundreds of other members' inboxes,
everyone needs to be considerate, and to abide by the community's
policies.    (02)

1. may I, for a third time, request that you consider whether a post
is *relevant* to the Ontolog community's charter (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidB ) before
making a post.    (03)

2. noting the Ontolog IPR Policy (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32 ) ... are
you sure it is the magazine and the author's intent to publish (or, in
this case, have you re-publish) this article under the license that is
required at Ontolog?    (04)

3. We would appreciate people publishing their own, original, work.
When referencing others' work, it would suffice if one just cites a
snippet that is particularly relevant to make a point (with proper
attributions) ... and then provide the link/reference to where that
original work can be found.    (05)

Quoting entire works, verbatim, even when it is relevant, should be
avoided (especially when the original work is already available
online.)    (06)

In the case when a work is only marginally relevant, or when the
article is more relevant for a different audience at a different
venue, list or forum, please consider making your post there, instead.    (07)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (08)

Peter Yim
Co-convener, ONTOLOG