Re: [ontolog-admin] Ontolog-OOR Panel session - "Ontology Repository Res

To: Kenneth Baclawski <kenb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 13:54:45 -0700
Ken,    (01)

You would want to:    (02)

1. add file metadata (file properties) as you deem fit (especially if
incoming files were erroneously tagged, which is worse than untagged).    (03)

2. try best to convert to pdf so that they render properly and consistently.    (04)

3. rename files to make it consistent with the Ontolog filenaming converntion -
ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2004-02/msg00029.html    (05)

4. establish webdav connectivity to our shared-file workspace
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/work/  [auth: ontolog-member / ontology]
ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ToolsCollaboration#nidAVL    (06)

2. upload the slides
to:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/work/OOR-Ontolog-Panel/2009-08-06_Ontology-Repository-Research-Issues/    (07)

3. Link those files to the wiki using links:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR-Ontolog-Panel/2009-08-06_Ontology-Repository-Research-Issues/[your-slide-file]
...*Note: use the link with  http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/... and
not http://ontolog.cim3.net/work/ ... ("/file/work/" and not "/work/"
... upload and download is intentionally asymmetric) because the
latter is password protected, and people would not be able to openly
access it from their browser.    (08)

3a. It would be easiest if you point your browser
to:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR-Ontolog-Panel/2009-08-06_Ontology-Repository-Research-Issues/
and copy-and-paste the slide-file hyperlinks (right-mouse-click and

4. For reference and details, please refer to the recently archived message
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/uom-ontology-std/2009-07/msg00173.html    (010)

If I can help by walking you through the process quickly, feel free to
call me (within the next 2~3 hours).    (011)

Cheers.  =ppy
--    (012)