Re: [ontolog-admin] Ontology expert support series

To: "Sven Van Poucke" <svenvanpoucke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Kurt Conrad" <conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bob Smith" <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-admin] forum" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 10:09:42 -0700
Thanks, Sven. Indeed!    (01)

Ontolog initiatives are (and, of course, should be) community driven.
Now that we have identified the initiative and have people agreeing to
champion it (thank you: Seven, Kurt and Bob), I would suggest
scheduling a "planning meeting" (ref. earlier and successful programs
like "Database and Ontology," OKMDS or the Ontology Summits) and then
a "kick-off meeting" to plan and launch them, with the support and
input from the community.    (02)

The crucial issues are, as I can see it, (a) "getting" the right
experts' (from various key domains) volunteered support, and (b) fine
tuning the process and infrastructure to allow this to provide true
value to the community. [The more I look at the (cited earlier)
http://allexperts.com/ site, the more I can see that we definitely
can learn from their implementation.]    (03)

Come join us on 8/28 (please confirm) so we can all talk a bit about
it in real time, and possibly tie down a few "next steps" as well as
getting the "planning meeting" or even "kick-off meeting" scheduled.    (04)

Regards.  =ppy