Re: [ontolog-admin] Possible plans for Semantic Technology conference

To: "[ontolog-admin] forum" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:54:13 -0500
Kurt,    (01)

I've removed Tony from this response.    (02)

I've also been talking with Mills Davis about this conference, and in
his last message dated 2/2, he cc-ed Tony Shaw. He invited me to
present and participate in a session, which tentatively they've
entitled "Spectrum of Reasoning and Semantic Applications", suggesting
that this session could be a panel featuring me, Mike Uschold, and John
Sowa, though he is open to other suggestions. But my actual attendance
may be problematic.    (03)

In addition, Mike Uschold and I have a tutorial proposal into the
organizers. At the time, I told Mike that it was rather doubtful that I
could attend, given my travel constraints, but that I would certainly
contribute to this.      (04)

I think that it would be excellent for Ontolog to participate and it
will certainly help our members to get a discount to attend. And "What
is an Ontology?" is a very good topic for us to address, as is or as
part of this, a look-ahead to the typing of ontologies that we are
intending for the Ontology Summit. But perhaps the latter topic
extension is something we don't want to address until the Ontology
Summit.    (05)

So, I am all in favor of participating! It will be good for Ontolog,
its members, and the larger community.    (06)

Thanks,
Leo    (07)

Dr. Leo Obrst       The MITRE Corporation, Information Semantics
lobrst@xxxxxxxxx    Center for Innovative Computing & Informatics
Voice: 703-983-6770 7515 Colshire Drive, M/S H305
Fax: 703-983-1379   McLean, VA 22102-7508, USA     (08)