Re: [ontolog-admin] "DB & Ontology" mini-series - Scheduling Events for

To: "West, Matthew R SIPC-DFD/321" <matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>, Leo Obrst <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>, Tatiana Malyuta <tmalyuta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Elisa F. Kendall" <ekendall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Bill Andersen <andersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chris Partridge <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Adrian Walker <adrianw@xxxxxxxx>, Susie Stephens <susie.stephens@xxxxxxxxxx>, Ralph <rhodgson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Holger Knublauch <holger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Timothy Redmond <tredmond@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tania Tudorache <tudorache@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Asuman Dogac <asuman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Atilla Elçi (DAÜ)" <atilla.elci@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-admin]" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 19:26:21 -0800
Dear All,    (01)

Happy New Year! To get things rolling ...    (02)

I have made an effort in pulling together a list of
candidate speakers and panelists (most of them already
agreed to present) that would need to be scheduled and
coordinated into coherent topical sub-segments if the
series.    (03)

1. ALL: please review the list at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DatabaseAndOntology#nidS9Q
... advise if I have left anyone out (or included
anyone who doesn't want to present).    (04)

2. Based on our earlier admin discussion, "Database &
Ontology" mini-series events will:    (05)

(a) nominally take place once a month;    (06)

(b) (again, nominally, ref. thread below) be scheduled
into one Thursday out of either week 1 or week 2 of
each month;    (07)

(c) be spread a mix invited speaker(s) or panel
discussion sessions. Matthew had also suggested that
invited speakers might also come back as panelists in a
topical discussion relevant to the specific subject
they had presented.    (08)

(d) be collaboratively documented into an co-authored
deliverable, which we will developed on our wiki
workspace, further refined, and then posted over to
wikipedia, to spread the word to a broader audience.    (09)

2. To allow us a little more time to schedule things to
most people's satisfaction, I suggest we quickly decide
on the event for early February (thus allowing everyone
a little more time to interact, either synchronously
(as in taking up a part of a Thursday Ontolog call
session to plan things out) or asynchronously (by
discussing the matter via our e-mail forum. Since
Matthew is already corresponding individually with some
of the candidate presenters already, could you
(Matthew) make the call, and decide on the event for
Feb-2007, say, within the next week (or so). ... Is
that ok, everyone?    (010)

Matthew et al., ... please take it away!    (011)

Regards.  =ppy
--    (012)

matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx wrote Sun, 17 Dec 2006 08:49:05
-0000: