[ontolog-admin] Re: Member Conference Call - Thu 2005-12-01

To: dodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "[ontolog-admin]" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 09:35:26 -0800
Ed,    (01)

No. We haven't been making audio recordings of regular community
weekly calls. That said, we do take minutes of the meeting
proceedings in real time (ever since we started the process --
see
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Conference_Call_2003-03-12,
and see who took minutes at that call!)    (02)

So far, we've only been audio recording "special events" (like
invited speakers sessions and scheduled/technical discussion
sessions since April 2005. A few of the sessions (Rex Brooks did
both that have already been posted) are starting to get
transcribed too, but this is still experimental, so far.    (03)

As you may already realize, Ontolog is a totally volunteered
effort. I actually pay for the recording and digitization out of
my own pocket. I've also paid a transcription service to try out
the cost and quality of such. These are ongoing efforts. ... I
do, of course, hope that we would land a (or a group of)
sponsor(s) who would pay for these things. But then, I'm still
tossed between getting sponsored, versus the total freedom
knowing that we are not paid by anyone to do this (and have,
therefore, not been very proactive in going out to get sponsored.)    (04)

... till then, please settle for the meeting notes captured in
real time.    (05)

Cheers.  =ppy