[ontolog-admin] Re: Shamesless-plugs, Dec-2005 Discussion session prep,

To: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Kurt Conrad <conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-admin]" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 11:21:45 -0800
Duane,    (01)

That looks real good.    (02)

One concern I have, though, is that without fixing a date, people
can't even tell (themselves) if they could be available. Besides,
I can create a session page easier, if I have a date first.
Alternatively, we can create a "Ontology Application and Use
Case" and/or a "Ontology Application Implementation" page(s) and
work from that.    (03)

The way you are cutting this submission deadline (11/30), it will
make the planning and advertising of a December session difficult.    (04)

Therefore, if we are still planning this for Dec-2005, we should
just (arbitrarily) pick a date, and start from there. People can
then submit, saying they are submitting this for the Dec-2005
panel, or, alternatively, they can submit by saying they are
interested to present, but they are not available for Dec. and
could be considered for later discussions.    (05)

I actually would suggest that we ONLY call for one session (the
Dec-2005 session) now, and go for "more sessions" through popular
demand, rather than committing ourselves to a "series" at the
word go. [This is only a suggestion ... I am not adamant about it
at all, I see pros and cons both ways.]    (06)

... just some random thoughts.    (07)

Cheers.  =ppy