[ontolog-admin] Re: Request for an Ontolog Workshop at 7th Conference o

To: Bob Smith <robsmith5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Patrick Cassidy <cassidy@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "Peter P. Yim" <yimpp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Kurt Conrad <conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Adam Pease <adampease@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 01:59:43 -0700
Bob,    (01)

Thank you for getting this going.    (02)

One suggestion, if you could respond to Natasha on behalf of [ontolog]
and say that,    (03)

... among other projects we have one that we are planning to develop
an ontology (the core component types for ebXML, to be specific, which
we intend to submit to UN/CEFACT for adoption) with  the normative
representation expressed in KIF. We also have plans to export that KIF
ontology into Protege, and, through Protege, get it mapped into OWL,
UML, XSD, ... etc. We would like to tell people about our project, and
to engage those with the right expertise to help us with this exercise
-- which is of very high strategic importance as we are attempting to
introduce the International Standards community to the ontological
engineering approach. ... etc. etc.    (04)

Thanks & regards,
PPY

Natasha Noy wrote Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:25:19 -0700:    (06)