[ontolog-admin] Re: UBL TC Meeting 3-7 November 2003

To: "Peter P. Yim" <yimpp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-admin] forum" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Tim McGrath <tmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 09:19:30 +0800
i am pleased to say i will be there.  Also, i think the friday afternnon
is a good time to address the forum.  hopefully we will have a clearer
picture at the end of the week than at the beginning :-)    (01)

Peter P. Yim wrote:    (02)

> Hi Tim,
>
> Are you planning to be in town for the upcoming UBL TC f2f in San
> Francisco?
>
> If you are, may I cordially invite you to speak to the [ontolog-forum]
> then, on anything you deem relevant during that meeting (like: walking
> us through the UBL 1.0 intricacies, and giving us your vision on how
> UBL will develop going forward and how the ontology effort can be
> relevant to that work, ... etc.).
>
> Kindly note that [ontolog] only meet Wed to Fri (11/5-7/03), unlike
> UBL, who is starting on Monday (11/3). Wed 11/5 after 3:00pm is
> already taken (we have a 3:00-5:00pm presentation to the UBL plenary,
> and an open ontology tutorial 5:30-7:00pm that evening. However, we
> plan to be there all afternoon Friday (whereas UBL will finish up at
> 1pm that day), therefore Fri 11/7 afternoon will be totally
> non-conflicting with UBL timing.
>
> Our draft plan (in progress) can be found on the wiki page at:
>   http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologWorkshop_Nov_2003
>
> On your confirmation, I would appreciate your picking a time slot (how
> long and when) and providing us a title of your talk so that we can
> include it into the overall agenda.
>
> I look forward to your positive response.
>
> Sincerely,
> PPY
> --
>
>> jon.bosak@xxxxxxx wrote Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:29:35 -0700 (PDT):
>

>>> The next meeting of the OASIS UBL TC will take place 3-7 November
>>> 2003 on the fourth floor of the Sun Microsystems drop-in center at
>>> 631 Howard Street in downtown San Francisco, about one block from
>>> the Moscone Convention Center.
>>

>>> AGENDA
>>>
>>>    A full agenda will be published a week or two prior to the
>>>    meeting.  Topics will include:
>>>
>>>     ...[snip]...
>>>
>>> ONTOLOG FORUM COLOCATION
>>>
>>>    The Ontolog Forum (not part of the UBL TC but working in
>>>    parallel on a formal model of the UBL semantics) will hold a
>>>    joint session with the UBL TC Wednesday 5 November from
>>>    15h00-17h00 California time in order to report on its work and
>>>    solicit feedback from the TC.  From 17h30 to 19h00 that
>>>    evening, the Ontolog Forum will present a tutorial for UBL
>>>    meeting participants wishing to learn more.  The Ontolog Forum
>>>    will hold its own two-day meeting in another room in the
>>>    drop-in center on Thursday and Friday, 6 and 7 November.

>>> Jon Bosak
>>> Chair, OASIS UBL TC

regards
tim mcgrath
phone: +618 93352228
postal: po box 1289   fremantle    western australia 6160    (04)