Re: [ontolog-admin] Old Archives

To: "[ontolog-admin] forum" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: cwe-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <yimpp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:58:45 -0700
Thanks for the prompt, Kurt.    (01)

That's been on my plate for a while now, there's a list of things I
need to do:    (02)

1. make a post to the old archive to tell people of the new archive
location. [done]    (03)

2. totally disable the old email-list/archive (at <ontolog.cim3.org>).    (04)

3. put in place of that archive page, a redirection page that ask
people to bookmark the new archive location (at <ontolog.cim3.net>)
and then takes people there automatically.    (05)

4. go through the message database in the new archive, and do a bulk
"replace" so that all footers reflect the new url's (post-to address
and archive location).    (06)

5. regenerate all HTML message pages.    (07)

6. (BTW, I have more than one instance of this that I needed to handle
too!)    (08)

I need to do 2~6 the earliest chance I have ... but (and since it is
non-trivial) I keep on having things on my priority list that sat on
top of it. Now that you have brought it up, you've successfully bumped
it up a couple of notches on my list. :-)    (09)

Cheers,
PPY
--    (010)