[ontolog-admin] Re: Creating Semantic Business Models

To: Eli Israel <Eli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <yimpp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:48:51 -0700
Eli,    (01)

Thank you for the message.    (02)

Great goal you have ... I appreciate your pragmatism too.    (03)

 > My understanding of your project is that you are focused on
 > creating a detailed ontology of a specific subdomain covered
 > by the UBL.    (04)

The domain for UBL is the business (or eBusiness) domain. While its
release 0p70 covers a limited vocabulary should in no way be construed
as the limitation of their scope. Similarly ontolog's. Our tie-in with
UBL (besides for historic reasons) also stems from our trust that they
are on track to becoming a "universal" standard (ISO, maybe?), as
substantiated by its OASIS, ebXML, UN/CEFACT connections (and the
myriad of liaisons support it has assembled).    (05)

 > ... What are your thoughts on this?    (06)

I agree we should do our best to avoid unnecessary duplication of
efforts and welcome all forms of collaboration. Unlike yours, as an
open forum, our membership drives the direction we go (the conveners
are merely facilitators). Once again, I invite your participation, if
you see potential collaboration between the [ontolog] efforts and your
initiative.    (07)

This dialog should best be exchanged with the forum, rather than with
me alone.    (08)

Best regards,
PPY