[ontolog-admin] Re: UBL Ontologies

To: Eli Israel <Eli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: jon.bosak@xxxxxxx
Cc: ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <yimpp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 09:54:22 -0800
Eli,    (01)

Thank you for your message. It's great to learn of your effort.    (02)

As Jon mentioned, we started the [ontolog] effort back in May 2002
within UBL, and then reconstituted it as an open international forum
in September 2002. We now have over 60 members in the community --
coming from countries like Canada, China, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan,
Korea, Russia, Singapore, UK, US and industries sectors like
government, manufacturing, ebusiness, technology, standards
organization, academia ... etc.    (03)

If you are interested to find out more, take a look at:
   http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2002-09/msg00000.html
and the rest of the forum archives:
   http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/
or the community wiki:
   http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki/    (04)

Among other things, we are just embarking on a business ontology
project ("UBL-Ontology") that will attempt to put the most recent
release of UBL (0p70) into an ontology.    (05)

You are most welcomed to join the community and participate in that
project (if you like what you see navigating the above links).    (06)

Cheers,
PPY