[ontolog-admin] Posting in "Text Only" Mode

To: "Michael C. Daconta" <MDaconta@xxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <yimpp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:11:25 -0800
Mike,    (01)

Since you are a major contributor to the ontolog forum, I am writing
you about the subject to solicit your help and support.    (02)

I'm wondering if you can set your e-mail client so that postings you
make to <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> is sent out in "plain text"
(rather than in HTML format.)    (03)

The reason is that our current "purple numbering" and "footer"
mechanisms don't seem to work when postings are received in HTML.
Those two features are turning out to be extremely useful for
navigation and referencing purposes. Therefore, until such time when
we can fix the issue, your help is really appreciated.    (04)

I know, on my netscape mail client, this setting is global (across all
recipients.) Whereas, on the windows email clients (outlook and
outlook express), you can set it individually for any particular
address on the address book (select [ontolog-forum]; go to properties;
and then the "Name" tab ... there is a check box on the lower left
captioned "Send E-mail using plain text only" ... please check that off.)    (05)

Thanks. I would also like to take the opportunity to express my
appreciation for what you are bringing to the ontolog forum.    (06)

Best regards,
PPY    (07)