okmds-convene

[okmds-convene] Proceedings: OKMDS session-06 - Dr. Jeff Conklin (CogNex

To: okmds-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 06:07:23 -0700
Proceedings: OKMDS session-06 - Thu 2008.04.17    (01)

The 6th event of our "Ontology in Knowledge Management and
Decision Support (OKMDS)" mini-series of activities representing
a NASA-Ontolog-KMWG collaboration took place on Thursday
17-April-2008.    (02)

Entitled: "Knowledge Mapping for Sensemaking," the session was
co-chaired by Mr. Peter Yim (Ontolog; CIM3) and Ms. Jeanne
Holm (NASA/JPL). On the invited speakers panel were: Dr. Jeffrey
Conklin (CogNexus Institute), Dr. Simon Buckingham Shum (KMi, The
Open University, UK), Mr. Eric Yeh (SRI) and Mr. Jack Park (SRI).
  Together, this expert panel represented some of the most
sophisticated work in dialog mapping and hypermedia discourse.
Our panelists were most generous in sharing with us their latest
work and insight.    (03)

A huge "thank you" goes to to all the panelists as well as to
everyone who was able to join us at the session. Proceedings of
the session has been captured on our wiki page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_04_17    (04)

In particular, screen-shots from our virtual world venue are now
available. So are the full audio recording and the podcast of the
session. Therefore, if you had missed the event or would like to
revisit it again, please refer to details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_04_17#nid1DAC     (05)

Thanks and Regards,    (06)

Peter Yim             Jeanne Holm
Co-convener,          Chief Knowledge Architect,
ONTOLOG               NASA/JPL