mini-series-org

[EarthScienceOntolog] session-2 - Thu 2012.09.06 - proceedings

To: Mattia Santoro <m.santoro@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Fox, Peter" <pfox@xxxxxxxxxx>, Stefano Nativi <stefano.nativi@xxxxxx>, Richard Hooper <RHooper@xxxxxxxxxx>, Philip Murphy <philip.murphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Krzysztof Janowicz <jano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, EarthScienceOntolog Mini-series Planning <mini-series-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 14:17:19 -0700
Dear All,    (01)

Our second session of the mini-series was delivered yesterday to quite
a crowd - there were a little over 50 participants at the peak! ...
Yes, this "Earth Science Ontology Dialog" mini-series is coming
together really nicely, and should help both communities reach a
better understanding of each other.    (02)

A HUGE THANK YOU to each and everyone who worked on them, for the
brilliant content that were presented yesterday; and for the
generosity to sharing your insights with the community.  Appreciations
are, of course, due to all who helped design and organize the entire
series.    (03)

The full proceedings (agenda, abstracts, slides, in-session
chat-transcript, audio recording, ...) of session-2 are all available
online now - see them (under the "Archives" section) on the session
page at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2012_09_06    (04)

Thanks again, everyone!    (05)

As suggested after our last session, to keep us "visible" please
consider posting/relaying this to appropriate lists, websites,
blogosphere and social-media.    (06)

Regards. =ppy    (07)

with the Session Co-chairs,
Gary Berg-Cross and Naicong Li    (08)

p.s.  ... onto preparation work for session-03, scheduled for Oct-11
and to be chaired by Krzysztof Janowicz and Pascal Hitzler. Kindly
review the process outlined earlier (ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/mini-series-org/2012-08/msg00026.html#nid04
) and let us have the pieces at your earliest. Tx. =ppy

Message Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/mini-series-org/
Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki
Project homepage: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EarthScienceOntolog    (011)