iaoa-general

[iaoa-general] Call for papers ontoPLM2013

To: "[IAOA-member]" <iaoa-member@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <iaoa-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Frank Loebe" <frank.loebe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 10:38:18 +0200
[distributed on request by Nestor Velasco Bermeo, ITESM, Mexico City]    (01)

1st International Workshop on Semantic Web Technologies for PLM(OntoPLM)
Mexico City, Mexico, November 2013 held in conjunction with 12th MICAI 2013
Call for Papers
http://ontoplm.wordpress.com    (02)

Semantic Web Technologies and PLM    (03)

Product Life cycle Management (PLM) aims at effectively managing all the data
and information in a company for a product (or product portfolio) throughout
its lifespan (from its conception throughout its development until its
retirement and eventual disposal).     (04)

The main goal of PLM is to bring together all the information and data
available for a product (or product portfolio) and create an information
backbone accessible for everyone within the company as well as with outside
organizations such as suppliers, partners, and even customers.     (05)

By the inclusion of Semantic Web Technologies on every phase of the PLM process
we should be able to develop systems that are capable of consuming the
available data of a product (within each phase and among the whole process)
without the need of an expert to tailor and refine it for its utilization. We
could be able to reason over all the available information regarding of which
product we are analyzing. Although several approaches have been proposed, none
has yet been widely adopted; furthermore, ontologies have not yet been
extensively used. For each phase there have been several contributions; feature
extraction for design interoperability, CAD/CAPP integration using feature
ontology, Neutral representation for manufacturing processes that supports
automated reasoning via the Process Specification Language (PSL), etc.     (06)

Providing a forum for exchanging experiences and ideas is part of our
objectives with this workshop. We would also like to encourage the community to
join efforts and generate a working group addressing semantic issues within the
Product Lifecycle Management scope.    (07)

Along with the paper presentations the goal of this workshop is to have a
common space in order to discuss the creation of a common test scenario in
which the participants define research areas that might not been explored and
make some recommendations on such areas. The outcome of such discussion might
as well be a roadmap or a position paper towards conforming a research group to
bring together the efforts and works of the participants.     (08)

Works must fall (but are not limited) into the following areas:
− Knowledge extraction
− Knowledge repositories
− Ontologies
− Applications     (09)

All of the above works must present new or ongoing works/applications that
denote a clear contribution towards data and information interoperability and
integration within the different stages of PLM by means of Semantic Web and
ontology based applications or technologies.     (010)

Topics include but are not limited to:     (011)

• How can Semantic Web support the development of new products?
• CAD ontologies? Are they needed?
• Would they be useful?
• Do we need one enterprise ontology, or a modular enterprise ontology?
• Can OWL be used to represent processes in the manufacturing domain?
• Knowledge management to manage the manufacturing “Know how”.
• How can the versioning of products be managed? Would an ontology help? How?
• How can raw materials be semantically described?
• How can tagging techniques be applied within the PL M domain?     (012)

IMPORTANT DATES
Abstract Registration:    October 1st
Paper submission:    October 25
Notification of acceptance :    November 10
Camera-ready version:    November 24
Registration deadline:    November 24
Workshop:    November 26
MICAI Conference:    November 27 -- 29    (013)

Submissions can be long papers (12 pages) or short papers (6 pages) formatted
according to Springer's LNCS style (refer to
http://www.springer.com/comp/lncs/Authors.html ) in PDF format and submitted
according the submission deadlines, through the EasyChair Submission System
(refer to https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ontoplm2013 )     (014)

Submitted papers will be peer-reviewed following the double-blind review
policy. Accepted papers will be available in the proceedings to be published
electronically along with the MICAI 2013 Proceedings. From selected
contributions a Special Issue will be published (TBA).     (015)

PLEASE CIRCULATE this CFP among your colleagues and students.
We apologize if you receive multiple copies.    (016)