iaoa-general

[iaoa-general] IAOA founding meeting

To: iaoa-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Nicola Guarino <guarino@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 18:20:16 +0100
Dear all,    (01)

        taking into account the results of our poll, I have the pleasure to
communicate that the IAOA founding meeting will be held on Wednesday,
April 29, in Trento, jointed with a workshop on the status of ontology
research. Further details will be sent later; we shall try to set up
some basic facilities for remote participation.    (02)

Concerning the problem of "wet signatures", it is of course important
to make sure that the people appointed to the (provisional) executive
board do actually sign the document. If we manage to decide who they
are in advance, we can circulate a paper document through a small mail
chain, limited to those people who don't have the possibility to
physically attend the event (please understand that this is a risky
process, since we definitely need the document by the time of the
official announcement).    (03)

Until now, we didn't receive any candidate suggestion. I encourage you
again to make your proposals; in absence of enough candidates, Stefano
and I will make a proposal, hoping to achieve some consensus. In any
case, the decision process will be necessarily based on an informal
open discussion on this mailing list, instead of proper election. This
seems to be unavoidable to startup the whole thing taking our
constraints into account.    (04)

All the best,    (05)

Stefano and Nicola    (06)