iaoa-education

Re: [iaoa-education] IAOA summer school: grant distribution

To: iaoa-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Laure Vieu <vieu@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 18:14:24 +0100
Dear all,    (01)

Let me record below the (incomplete) proposal I made some time ago, but
that has not yet been discussed except for the amounts. some elements
may be relevant as starting points for the policy.    (02)

right now, the decision is that a max of 3000E has been allocated to the
summer school for grants and a max of 2000E for FOIS (plus 700E as fee
waivers for the program chairs).    (03)

my personal opinion is that a global IAOA grant policy should apply to
all main IAOA events, and so both the summer school/institute and FOIS,
and have an educational orientation.    (04)

of course, for FOIS the procedure to select the grants might
favour paper (student) authors, which is inapplicable to the summer school.    (05)

as Leo proposes, such a global policy may be then suggested
as a departure point to SIGs, but probably the Ed. Com should handle
grant distribution only for main IAOA events (so not future SIGs events).    (06)

Laure    (07)