iaoa-education

Re: [iaoa-education] 2012 IAOA Summer School in Trento: first considerat

To: IAOA Education Committee <iaoa-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "masolo@xxxxxxxxxx" <masolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 03:48:44 +0000
Thanks, Fabian and Antony. You've made your circumstances clear, and we
understand your desire but lack of time to help organize the Summer School.      (01)

To quickly resolve this issues, I think we should try to have a joint
conversation in email, and possibly a telecon soon with Stefano and Claudio
Masolo, the Trento local arrangements folks, and the Education Committee
(Fabian, Antony, Werner, Robert, Michael, me) and any interested other EC
members to hash out what is required to organize and support the IAOA Summer
School 2012, and who can do it.  We truly do need to publicize the Summer
School very soon, if we are going to have one in 2012.    (02)

Perhaps Stefano and Claudio are willing to take on the entire organization of
the Summer School, i.e., act as both "conference"/general chairs and local
arrangement chairs, much as Werner did this past year (with Vespucci
organizational support). Stefano and Claudio, what are your thoughts about
this?     (03)

I can pledge my auxiliary support to assist as much as possible, but as the
others, I have very limited time to devote to this. In addition, I cannot be
physically present at the Summer School, unfortunately. And really, the general
chairs of the Summer School should be physically present.     (04)

All, please let us know your thoughts about these issues.      (05)

Also, if we cannot resolve these issues in email, please suggest possible
candidate days/times for a joint telecon (probably via Skype) soon, next week
if possible, at which we might resolve these issues.    (06)

Thanks much,
Leo    (07)