health-ont

[health-ont] Follow-up: Health Informatics Panel Discussion Session 2?

To: "Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"@smi.stanford.edu, marc.wine@xxxxxxx, whitten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sriram@xxxxxxxx, bniemann@xxxxxxx, health-ont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: michellearaymond@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: brett.trusko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Rex Brooks <rexb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 07:35:17 -0700
Dear Panelists, Health-Ont Listmembers, Brett, Michelle:    (01)

During yesterday's Ontolog Forum meeting, we discussed having a
second session of our panel discussion, and I wanted to ask our
panelists all if you think this is a good idea, since we could
dispense with the introductory presentations and dig right into the
topics we did not have time for last week and those questions which
were added during the discussion?    (02)

During the meeting we discussed scheduling such a renewed panel
discussion in early November, the 3rd to be precise, but as I spoke
with Peter Yim this morning, we thought we would ask if the week
after next would be better, while it is still fresh in our minds?
That would September 15, 2005.    (03)

That was what I had originally intended, although I did not bring
that up in the meeting yesterday. I think that a November date ought
to require an effort similar to what we mounted for last week's
session, but if we can gather a significant number of our panelists
for week after next, such an effort would not be needed, because it
is so fresh in our minds. Also, we have our questions already
formulated, so we don't need a round of introductory remarks setting
up the relationship of each panelist to the topic.    (04)

The main point is that I think we can make significant headway on the
questions, and perhaps discover new interconnections between our
respective fields of expertise and ways and means for advancing large
scale ontology projects in this particularly receptive and extremely
important field.    (05)

I also want to let you all know that I will be working on
transcribing the panel discussion this weekend so that we can move
the summary report along to completion in a timely way.    (06)

Regards,
Rex Brooks    (07)

--
Rex Brooks