bsp-forum

Re: [bsp-forum] BISACS

To: "BSP Forum" <bsp-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Deborah MacPherson" <debmacp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 12:18:49 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I some time the last couple days reading through OASIS policies and procedures for something I'm working on for NBIMS Consensus.  I also looked at OBIX in more detail and have been thinking about OBIX, in relation to BSP, in relation to NBIMS. In general, the scenarios and exchanges get bigger and need to be more generic from one to the next. There has got to be some vertical modularity and standards also.

Obviously protocols and access procedures like the NIST report will be so important because control over building systems is not something that should fall into the wrong hands. What I'm concerned about is the accuracy and completeness of the data in the first place. 1. Sensors can fail or be inaccurate. 2. The structural DESIGN of a building may not be the actual building, and the building 50 years later is in a different condition that may not be captured - how is ALL the building data kept up to date and accurate?

For example in the NIST report Fig 25, pg 39 = what if this was the old layout and walls or equipment have moved? Can the equipment or walls keep themselves up to date in the most generic models?

At WDG, almost every building ends up with a series of "Typical Floors" in other words there is only one plan drawing for the 3rd to 10th floors because they are all the same. What might be similar to a typical floor in OBIX, BSP, NBIMS? What is the shortcut for future standards like BISACS?

Deborah