RE: [uos-convene] Invitation to the Ontolog call Thu 2006.03.30

To: "Upper Ontology Summit convention" <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Upper Ontology Summit Organizing Committee <uos-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 10:31:35 -0500
Folks,    (01)

I'd like to direct you in particular to the comment Peter made:      (02)

PETER: As such, I am hereby inviting everyone here to our Ontolog
regular Thursday conference calls. We don't have an Ontolog event
(like an invited speaker or a scheduled technical discussion
session) tomorrow; that would allow us some time to discuss
things we've already agreed to work on -- like preparing joint
whitepaper(s) ready for FOIS 2006 or the Applied Ontology journal
-- as well as to sync up, and talk about what we can do
immediately to advance the direction outlined in the UOS joint
communique & to-do list.    (03)

I'd like to invite participation in authoring the joint whitepaper on
the Upper Ontology Summit for FOIS 2006 or the Journal of Applied
Ontology. For the former, it's possible that a general position paper
might suffice. For the latter, I think that a solid technical summary
of issues concerning upper ontologies, and in particular their mapping,
aligning, intersecting, joining/adjoining, etc., would be more
appropriate. But the latter could possibly germinate from the former.    (04)

Please let me know of your interest in participating in these papers.
All comments and suggestions are welcomed.    (05)

Thanks,
Leo
Dr. Leo Obrst       The MITRE Corporation, Information Semantics
lobrst@xxxxxxxxx    Center for Innovative Computing & Informatics
Voice: 703-983-6770 7515 Colshire Drive, M/S H305
Fax: 703-983-1379   McLean, VA 22102-7508, USA     (06)

Shared Files:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/UpperOntologySummit/uos-convene/
Community Wiki:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit