RE: [uos-convene]: Relating ontologies - correction

To: "Upper Ontology Summit convention" <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Cassidy, Patrick J." <pcassidy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:49:23 -0500

In the attachment I sent in the following paragraph the final DOLCE relation "Temporal Part" should have been "Spatial Part":

[PC1] >> One option ("model"?) left open by the SUMO axiomatization, for example, is that the "subProcess" may be temporally coincident with the parent Process, and might involve only a portion of the participants of the parent Process.  In a parade, for example, it seems that the parading of the Drum Majorette (and her twirling and tossing her baton) would qualify as a subProcess in SUMO (i.e. this is consistent with the axioms) – but would be temporally coincident and not a "temporal part".  In DOLCE this would be a Temporal Part.

 . . .  should have been

[PC2] >> One option ("model"?) left open by the SUMO axiomatization, for example, is that the "subProcess" may be temporally coincident with the parent Process, and might involve only a portion of the participants of the parent Process.  In a parade, for example, it seems that the parading of the Drum Majorette (and her twirling and tossing her baton) would qualify as a subProcess in SUMO (i.e. this is consistent with the axioms) – but would be temporally coincident and not a "temporal part".  In DOLCE this would be a Spatial Part.

Pat

Patrick Cassidy
MITRE Corporation
260 Industrial Way