[uos-convene] We need you to contact Mary Ann very soon, to register!

To: "'Upper Ontology Summit convention'" <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Steve Ray" <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:20:24 -0500
Anderson
Bill
Casanave Cory
Cassidy Patrick
Guarino Nicola
Niemann Brand
Obrst Leo
Pease R. Adam
Schoening James
Shankey Conor
Soergel Dagobert
Uschold Michael
West Matthew Richard
Yim Peter

Item #1:
If you do not see your name on the list above, PLEASE PLEASE email your information to my secretary, Mary Ann FitzGerald (maryannf@xxxxxxxx). Please respond by close of business Monday at the very latest.

For U.S. citizens, all you need to send is your name, as it appears on an official picture id.

For non U.S. citizens, you need to send:
    Name (as above)
    Citizenship
    Name of host company
    Business address
    Phone number

I have been told that we need to have all the names a week before the event, for the duplicating office to create the badges. I really don't want to strand anyone outside our gates because they haven't been cleared in.

Item #2:
Here are the choices for the UOS dinner on Tuesday evening:

ZIKI Japanese Steak House Rio, 301-330-3868

Set price for dinner, drinks and dessert separate.  Entrée prices range from $13-$32.

This is one of those Benihana-type places where you sit around the grill and they flail away with knives and spatulas.

Less than 10 minutes from NIST.

Mongolian BarBQ Bethesda, 301-657-1080

No private room but will set tables together.  All you can eat dinner includes soup, salad, and stir fry for $15.99.  Drinks and desserts are additional, and an 18% gratuity is automatically added.

This place lets you go to a buffet, pick out the sauces, spices, additives, relishes, and meat (or not), then you take it to the cooks and they stir fry it in front of you. You can come back as often as you like.

About 20 minutes from NIST.

Buca Di Beppo Kentlands, 301-947-7346

Several private rooms available.  Party menus range from $19.95 to 25.95.  Appetizers, salads, pastas, and entrees included in price.

This is Italian food. I believe it is buffet-style.

About 15 minutes from NIST.

Mary Ann will collect votes - hopefully there will be an obvious winner. If not, I'll choose one. I was looking for somewhere that we could move around a bit, rather than being rooted to our seat at a table. So, please send in your preferences by Monday as well.