Re: [uos-convene] Other Approaches Too

To: Upper Ontology Summit convention <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Nicola Guarino <guarino@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:37:00 +0100
What about:    (01)

  "Mapping local conceptual schemes [or ontologies, if you prefer] to
a common upper ontology is the most cost-effective method for
achieving scalable semantic interoperability."    (02)

Nicola    (03)

On Mar 2, 2006, at 11:47 AM, West, Matthew R SIPC-DFD/321 wrote:    (04)

> Dear Pat,
>
> OK getting picky now.
>
> A CUO is not a method...
>
> Regards
>
> Matthew

-----
Nicola Guarino
Co-Editor in Chief, Applied Ontology (IOS Press)
Head, Laboratory for Applied Ontology (LOA), ISTC-CNR
Institute for Cognitive Sciences and Technologies
National Research Council
Via Solteri, 38
I-38100 Trento    (06)

phone:     +39 0461 828486