[uom-ontology-std] Transition of UoM work to the OASIS QUOMOS TC

To: uom-ontology-std <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Mary McRae <mary.mcrae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Scott McGrath <scott.mcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 08:40:53 -0800
Further to the call for participation of QUOMOS membership (ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-invitation/2009-12/msg00002.html
) ...    (01)

This is a *reminder* that the First (inaugural) Meeting OASIS QUOMOS
TC will be here tomorrow (Thu 21-Jan-2010). To those who have signed
up as members or observers, we shall look forward to talking to you at
the meeting tomorrow.    (02)

We need as many of the folks here, who has been involved in the
UoM_Ontology_Standard work so far, to be a part of the QUOMOS TC to
help take this work toward an open international standard through the
OASIS process. Please continue (or start) working on getting yourself
into joining the QUOMOS TC, if you haven't already.
See: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=quomos    (03)

... as mentioned previously (at our 2010.01.07 community session),
those having issues with joining the TC or with OASIS membership
should best try to get it resolved by emailing "Scott McGrath"
<scott.mcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> with a copy to Howard Mason
<howard.mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> and Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>. We
will be trying our best to help in whatever way we can.    (04)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (05)

P.S.  by the way, the full proceedings of the 7-Jan-2010 Panel
Session: "Getting ready for the OASIS QUOMOS TC transition," chaired
by Howard Mason (our QUOMOS TC Convener), is already available online.
It is complete with all the slide presentations, discussions, audio
recording of the entire session, in-session chat-transcript, plus the
additional resources that Dr. Charles Ehrlich sent over (after the
session), and more.
See:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UoM_Ontology_Standard/ConferenceCall_2010_01_07