[uom-ontology-std] SONet/OBOE Participation

To: uom-ontology-std <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joel Bender <jjb5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 09:13:29 -0500
I was forward to the SONet project as another group that is doing something in
the domain of units and measurements.    (01)

    <https://sonet.ecoinformatics.org/>    (02)

And another (similar?) site is here:    (03)

    <http://obs.ecoinformatics.org/>    (04)

It would seem that there is an OBOE ontology for "capturing the semantics of
generic scientific observation and measurement."  I can't find their OWL file
and I haven't received any response to my queries yet, but if you know someone
that is a part of this group, please contact them.  They might not make today's
conference call, but I bet with a little goading they could make the next one.    (05)

There is a description of a paper available here (look for the SEEK
description):    (06)

    <https://sonet.ecoinformatics.org/associated-projects-standards>    (07)

And the paper is available here:    (08)

<http://obs.ecoinformatics.org/attach?page=Projects%2Foboe_ecological_informatics.pdf>    (09)

And I noticed that they have "sex" as a measurement :-).  Perhaps it is more
like some other observations whose range is a set of enumerated values.    (010)

Joel    (011)