uom-ontology-admin

Re: [uom-ontology-admin] Wiki connection failures

To: Joe Collins <joseph.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 10:30:21 -0800
Joe,    (01)

Thank you ...    (02)

(Given that we are encouraging a open contribution policy) We actually
use a very simple (role-based) authentication for write access to the
Ontolog webdav server(s). [ ... Between the wiki, the mailing list
config and the webdav server, we don't have SSO (single sign-on) yet!
:( ]    (03)

Please refer to this section for details:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ToolsCollaboration#nidAVL    (04)

Effectively, you need to get in with:
   username = "ontolog-member"
   password = "ontology"    (05)

and connecting either to:  http://ontolog.cim3.net/work/    (06)

... depending on the nature of your content:    (07)

* content created by this UoM team should go somewhere under:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/work/UoM/    (08)

* re-publishing of open content (in particular, since we don't hold
the IPR) should go under: http://ontolog.cim3.net/work/UoM/Reference/    (09)

Note also, try to comply with our (Ontolog) file-naming convention
(http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2004-02/msg00029.html )
where possible.    (010)

There another process to upload to the subversion repository (which
JoelBender is the steward of) - if the work you are uploading is
expected to be re-iterated and hence version controlled for the
purpose of this project.    (011)

> [JC]  How do I get the pdf to display on
> http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UoM_Ontology_Standard_UML_Model_Draft    (012)

[ppy]  after uploading you document to the webdav server, a file will
be openly accessable via a browser (and can be be hyperlinked to.)    (013)

Say, ... you uploaded a file named
"UoM-reference-123--JohnDoe_20091102a.pdf" to the directory
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/work/UoM/Reference/available-UoM-references    (014)

  your file will immediately be browsable
as:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/UoM/Reference/available-UoM-references/UoM-reference-123--JohnDoe_20091102a.pdf    (015)

  pointing your web browser
to: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/UoM/Reference/available-UoM-references/    (016)

  you will be able to see the link for that file. With a (usually,
right-mouse-click while you mouse-over that link) "copy link location"
(or "copy shortcut, in the case of the IE browser), you can pickup the
link into your clipboard, and then the "[hyperlink label]" syntax
should put that on the wiki for you.    (017)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (018)

P.S.  If all the above seems too much of a hassle (it would be, if all
you need is to do it once or twice), then, please just email the
material to myself or JoelBender, along with instructions on how you
want it done, and we will upload it on your behalf.  =ppy
--    (019)