socop-forum

[socop-forum] Our next SOCoP-INTEROP Meeting is this Wed. June 20, 2012

To: Socop Forum <socop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Gary Berg-Cross <gbergcross@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 09:44:24 -0400

The next SOCoP-INTEROP Meeting is planned for Wednesday June 20, 2012 from 11:00 - 12:00 Eastern time.

We will trying out a new Teleconference  # which has an optional desktop sharing app.

To join the audio conference only:

Dial-in: 1-218-862-9364
Passcode: 953677#

These should work like previous SOCoP sessions which were teleconferences.

A session number for Mikogo desktop sharing will be sent our 15-20 minutes ahead of the start of the meeting and also provided to people calling in should they wish to try it.

If you want to test out desk sharing you can download the free Mikogo software.  We only expect to test this in a limited sense this time to see if it works easily and is use to the community.  Instructions on the Mikogo App are after the Agenda.

Several topics have been proposed including the following.

     1 Summary and follow up from the EarthCube Meeting

      2. Naijun will  update us on his ongoing tool and the demo work

      3. James & Dave upedate on GUI tool for SPARQL queries.
      4 Discussion on creating some enhanced ontologies for the OOR

      5. Fall workshops (Terra Cognita, GIScience etc.)

      6. Strategy for the NSF Annual Report.

Note also Tuesday, May 19th TorstenHahmann   is giving a Joint SOCoP-OOR

talk at 11:30am EDT:

A Reconciliation of Ontologies of Abstract Space: From Mereotopologies to Geometries

See http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_06_19 for an abstract and details on

how to access the session ( 8:30am PDT / 11:30am EDT / 5:30pm CEST)

Mikogo Instructions.

PC people you can download and install
a client (which would allow us to see your desktop in the future if you wanted to

Present something: http://www.mikogo.com/download/windows-download/

Before the meeting  you can go to

http://join.mikogo.com/ and join the session. You will then be able see the desktop being broadcast.

3. If your computer is mac and you want to , please go to the following page to
download and install the mikogo software first and then follow the step 2
instructions.
http://www.mikogo.com/download/mac-download/

 Any Qs on this or other topics can be addressed to

Gary Berg-Cross, at
gbergcross@xxxxxxxxx

--
Gary Berg-Cross, Ph.D.