socop-forum

Re: [socop-forum] References on dynamic geographic feature research

To: "Spatial Ontology CoP (SOCoP)" <socop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joshua Lieberman <josh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 21:39:29 -0500
Hi Carl,    (01)

I've only met Donna a couple of times but I'm familiar with some of the work
she has done in this area and have a copy of her book.    (02)

ISO 19141 is a curious beast. I looked at it again when we were discussing the
moving object snapshot schema. It's a fairly difficult conceptual model, but
seems to focus on trajectories as finished objects and barely treads into
changing orientation let alone changing shape. It's at once too much and not
enough. Definitely a point of reference for any further work, but it doesn't
seem to me just a translation task.    (03)

-Josh    (04)

On Dec 6, 2011, at 8:52 PM, creed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:    (05)