oor-nsf07601

[oor-nsf07601] SOCoP participation, etc.

To: oor-nsf07601 <oor-nsf07601@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Dean <mdean@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 07:51:59 -0500

[ *** This list is for use by the OOR nsf-07061 team only - please do not share
or forward message without consent from the team! *** ]    (01)

I'm catching up after ISWC2008.    (01)

I mentioned to K on the October 24 telecon that several members of the
Spatial Ontology Community of Practice (SOCoP) [1] submitted an NSF
INTEROP proposal last year that focused on development of a repository
for geospatial ontologies to foster development and collaboration
within an expanded SOCoP community.  It was well received but not
funded.  I think it's well-aligned with OOR and could add some some
additional breadth and depth to our DataNet proposal. Nancy Wiegand of
Wisconsin-Madison was the PI with Gary Berg-Cross of EM&I, myself, Jim
Ressler of Northrop Grumman, and James Wilson of James Madison
University as co-PIs.  I don't know whether we can get those folks on
board by November 5; if not, we might consider adding them (I assume
we can do this) to the full proposal.    (02)

I was relieved to see that budget information isn't required for the
preliminary proposal.    (03)

I haven't yet received a notification from FastLane about being added
as a co-PI.  Will this also need to be finalized by November 5?    (04)

Thanks!    (05)

        Mike    (06)

[1] http://socop.org    (07)

Message Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-nsf07601/