[oor-forum] Proceedings: OOR team (admin & planning) meeting - Tue 2014.

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 13:51:41 -0700
Dear All,    (01)

We had a very important and productive meeting today. Full proceedings
from the meeting is now available under:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2014_07_15#nid4E3X
... please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the
documented proceedings    (02)

In particular, we brainstormed on the Future of the OOR Initiative,
with a strong possibility to establishing some closely coupled working
relationship between OOR and IAOA.    (03)

PeterYim expressed his thanks to the team members and announced that
this would be his last "regular" OOR meeting. In view of Peter's
retirement, arrangements on the transfer of infrastructure and support
responsibilities have already been in progress, and these were
reviewed and discussed.    (04)

We also reached consensus on the next two upcoming events (although we
would still need TillMossakowski and KenBaclawski to respond and
confirm their availability, since neither of them were there when we
discussed this):    (05)

* Tue 2014.07.22 - chair: TillMossakowski - topic: "Ontohub API" to be
presented by TimReddehase (from the Ontohub team)    (06)

* Tue 2014.07.29 - co-chairs: MichaelGruninger & KenBaclawski - key
agenda: to come up with an explicit statement of the relationships
between OOR and IAOA    (07)

* Action items from the meeting included:    (08)

** [action-PeterYim] Peter to redirect socop.oor.net to OntoHub SOCoP
repository, which will now become primary    (09)

** [action-PeterYim-TillMossakowski] will move the following lists:
[oor-forum], [oor-dev] and [oor-users] from cim3.net to
uni-magdeburg.de (along with the 18 IAOA lists, which are also making
such a transition)    (010)

** [action-NancyWiegand] will work with PeterFox (or LinePouchard &
PeterFox) to invite the participation of the ESIP-Portal (which is
also an Ontology Repository based on the BioPortal technology) as part
the federated OOR repository nodes (instances) - as in
http://oor.net/index1.html    (011)

** [action-MichaelGruninger] will draft something tangible regarding
the IAOA-OOR working relationship for review, discussion and decision
at the next admin and planning meeting (7/29    (012)

Please mark your calendars and join us at the meetings on the next two Tuesdays!
[... Again, TillMossakowski and KenBaclawski, please confirm your availability.]    (013)

Thanks & regards. =ppy    (014)

On behalf of the session co-chair,
MikeDean & PeterYim
and all participants of this session