Re: [oor-forum] OOR Team Meeting: "Revisiting OOR Strategy & Tactics - I

To: oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Till Mossakowski <Till.Mossakowski@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:41:48 +0200
Dear all,    (01)

at the OMG technical meeting, I have just listened to a talk about OMG's
API4KB [1]. It seems to be very relevant for the OOR API discussion. It
is about setting up, populating and reasoning about knowledge bases
involving different formalisms and reasoners.    (02)

All the best,
Till    (03)

[1] http://www.omgwiki.org/API4KB/    (04)

Am 19.06.2013 05:29, schrieb Peter Yim:
> Dear All,
>

> We had a very productive meeting  today. Full proceedings of the
> session are now available
> under:
>http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_06_18#nid3U6O
>
> In particular ...
>
> 1. it has been confirmed that we will move the regular OOR conference
> calls 1.5-Hrs earlier - regular call start-time (effective from the
> next meeting) will be: Tuesdays 7:00am PDT / 10:00am EDT / 4:00pm CEST
> / 3:00pm BST / 1400 UTC ... please note.
>
> 2. there is general consensus we would change to a more bottom-up
> approach (rather than the "top-down" approach we have been taking) ...
>
> * we will encourage each oor node project to develop (colore, ontohub,
> socop, oor public instance, etc.) on their own, and coordinate the
> "team" effort through the use of a shared set of metadata, API and the
> UI (e.g. how people download (or even upload) ontologies, etc.)
>
> * The key is to ensure that each of the ontology repository projects
> in OOR are interoperable from the software perspective, uniform in the
> GUI, and they use a shared approach to ontology metadata
>
> * initially (prior to federation mechanisms being in place) we will
> make <oor.net> to be an ontology registry, which then links to the
> ontologies in the actual ontology repository where the ontology is
> described
>
> * actions will be focused on developing three things (hopefully within
> the next 3 months): the set of metadata, the API, and some shared
> thoughts on the UI
>
> * after that, we will focus on building up content with each OOR node
> tackling the domain(s) they are best with, and put in a concerted
> effort towards OOR adoption
>
> 3. Note that we will be having our first Hackathon session next
> Tuesday. This will be a regular event for the OOR team, as we are
> planning to to devote one meeting a month to intense coding (or other
> low level development) work. Next Tuesday's session:
> //
> Session Topic: The "OOR-Ontohub-Gatekeeper API" Hackathon
>
> Session Co-chairs: TillMossakowski & KenBaclawski
>
> Date: Tuesday, 25-Jun-2013
> Start Time: 7:00am PDT / 10:00am EDT / 4:00pm CEST / 3:00pm BST / 1400 UTC
> Expected Call Duration: 1.5~2.0 hours
> //
>
> 3a. Till & Ken: the skeletal session page is already up. Please edit
> and fill in the details - see:
> http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_06_25
>

> Talk to you all then!
>
> Best. =ppy
> --
>

> On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [updated]
>> Re: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_06_18
>>

>> = REMINDER =
>>
>> This is a continuation of the "Revisiting the OOR Strategy & Tactics -
> [...]

Prof. Dr. Till Mossakowski  Cartesium, room 2.51 Phone +49-421-218-64226
DFKI GmbH Bremen                             Fax +49-421-218-9864226
Cyber-Physical Systems                      Till.Mossakowski@xxxxxxx
Enrique-Schmidt-Str. 5, D-28359 Bremen
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~till/    (06)

principal office, *not* the address for mail etc.!!!:
Trippstadter Str. 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern
management board: Prof. Wolfgang Wahlster (chair), Dr. Walter Olthoff
supervisory board: Prof. Hans A. Aukes (chair)
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313    (07)