Re: [oor-forum] OOR and IPR

To: Gary Berg-Cross <gbergcross@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nancy Wiegand <wiegand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 11:47:37 -0800
Gary and All,    (01)

Since you mentioned "Mike, as developer" ...    (02)

... I just wanted to reiterate that, for code (unlike "content" or,
more specifically, ontologies uploaded to an OOR instance), the
contributed code *must* be "open" and/or "free"    (03)

( ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_IPR#nid2L0U
)
Software codes contributed to the OOR effort has to carry the
"Simplified (two-clause) BSD License" (FreeBSD License).    (2L0U)    (04)

* the above will be the default position, unless it is otherwise
mutually agreed in writing, between an authorized representative of
the OOR team and the contributor. Such exception, even if agreed upon,
needs to bind the contributing software codes to a compatible,
non-reciprocal, "gift," open-source license, such as (included, but
not limited to) the MIT License, the Apache License version 2.0 or the
Mozilla Public License 1.1 (MPL);    (2L0V)
* it is, of course, also acceptable if the software contribution in
question is in the public domain;    (2L0W)
* Software libraries, under either "gift" or "reciprocal" open
software licenses, may also be used in the OOR software or system.
(2L0X)    (05)

Regards. =ppy