[oor-forum] OOR Team Conference Call - Architecture & API discussion - F

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 22:49:34 -0700
Folks,    (01)

We had a really productive meeting on Friday (15-Oct-2010), discussing
various aspects of the (post BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API.
We went through key tenets that should drive decisions on the "new"
architecture; major contributors and ongoing work that we want to
accommodate; various approaches and options that have been proposed,
and then decided that we will delegate the next level of details to
our OOR Architecture Committee.    (02)

Full proceedings (including the proposed approaches, in-session
chat-transcript, full audio recording, etc.) are now online.
Please refer to them at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_15#nid2J3M    (03)

Please review the proceedings (especially if you had missed this very
important meeting) and/or make necessary amendments as you deem fit
(if you were there, and the proceedings may have been inadequate in
representing your position, etc.)    (04)

Thanks to all the contributing parties and all who were there at the
meeting, for the huge contribution they are making to the OOR
initiative!    (05)

Best regards.  =ppy    (06)

p.s.  we are also finalizing on a new set of meeting times for the OOR
team, and are exploring having OOR team meetings on all Fridays
meetings, alternating (every other week) between discussing high level
issues, content, project management, administration, etc. one week,
and then doing deep-water technical work on the next. We could even
have two separate sets of standard meeting times for them. Therefore,
all active members are urged to respond to the doodle poll (at:
http://doodle.com/a2snxkpkd8hhxek4 ) if you haven't already.