[oor-forum] Mark your calendars for the Fri 2010.02.19 OOR Developers' S

To: oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 10:29:48 -0800
All,    (01)

Further to our meeting yesterday (see proceedings at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_05
).    (02)

I would like to draw everyone's attention that four virtual panel
sessions are coming up soon:    (03)

1. on Friday 2010.02.19 - 2-Hrs. staring 8:00am PST / 11:00pm EST /
5:00pm CET / 4:00pm GMT / 16:00 UTC
we will be running a (augmented conference call) session to update and
coordinate OOR software development work that are ongoing. Please mark
your calendars, and do note that this will start one hour earlier than
our usual team conference call time. Mike Dean, who will be chairing
the session, has already put up a draft agenda at the developing
session page
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_19    (04)

2. We will be featuring two more virtual panel sessions (after
OntologySummit2010) in the late March, early April time frame:    (05)

2a.  a "Content" Panel Session, to be co-chaired by PatCassidy &
DeniseBedford, to make an effort to get OOR in front of "content"
people -- developers and stewards of Ontologies (especially open
ontologies), and try to make a case for them to participate,
contribute, and get their ontologies hosted on the OOR ... or, more
exactly, "an OOR instance" or "a Ontology Respository that federates
with the OOR".    (06)

2b.  another "Use Cases"Panel (after the one KateGoodier successfully
put together back in 2009_04_16). This one will be co-chaired by
KenBaclawski and ToddSchneider, to continue exploring and delving
deeper into "use cases" and related issues.    (07)

.. .watch out for dates and program announcements.    (08)

3.  It is almost time we have to serious discussions on IPR
(Intellectual Properties Rights) Policies and related issues for the
OOR work (both in the software and in the content). I (Peter Yim) am
looking for a co-champion to put together a session on this subject,
and feature that in the not too distant future.    (09)

... for all of the above, ideas & suggestions from the members of this
team/community are welcome.    (010)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy
--    (011)