oor-dev

Re: [oor-dev] socop.oor.net

To: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ray Fergerson <ray.fergerson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, OpenOntologyRepository-development <oor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nancy Wiegand <wiegand@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Gary Berg-Cross <gbergcross@xxxxxxxxx>, cwe-imp <cwe-imp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Paul R Alexander <palexander@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 10:35:53 -0700
If they are pointed at different REST back-ends (or hosted as two separate
self-contained VMs) then one back-end service may be up while the other is
down. If they are pointing to the same back-end REST instance and the UI is not
on the same machine, there could be connectivity problems between the UI
machine and the REST machine.    (01)

Paul    (02)

On Oct 28, 2013, at 10:33 AM, Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> wrote:    (03)

> Thank you, Paul.
>
> Since the SOCoP-OOR instance (at: http://socop.oor.net/ontologies )
> and the OOR-sandbox (at: http://sandbox.oor.net/ ) instance are not
> appreciably different (and are only cosmetically different from the
> ncbo-appliance vm code-wise) ... could you suggest some plausible
> cause why the former is returning the error, while the latter seems to
> be functioning ok? [attn: Paul & Ken]
>
> Thanks & regards. =ppy
> --
>

> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Paul R Alexander
> <palexander@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> It appears as though the UI cannot talk to the REST services based on the
>`Errno::ECONNREFUSED:
>> Connection refused` error.
>>
>> Paul
>>

>> On Oct 26, 2013, at 6:38 AM, Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you, Shinya, Nancy & Gary.
>>>

>>> Does anyone on this list - folks from the BioPortal development team,
>>> in particular - has a clue on how we can get out of this?
>>> (... Note that we are still running an old version of the ncbo-appliance
>vm.)
>>>

>>> Thanks & regards. =ppy
>>> --
>>>

>>> On Friday, October 25, 2013 8:19 PM, YAMADA Shinya
>>> <shinya.yamada@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Peter,
>>>
>>> You need to ask someone who know BioPortal. I saw errors like
>>> following in the log file(/var/log/rails/BioPortal/production.log).
>>> BioPortal failed to connect to some service
>>> but I don't know what it is.
>>>

>>> processing OntologiesController#show (for 5.10.83.81 at 2013-10-25
>>> 20:16:43) [GET]
>>> Parameters: {"id"=>"10041", "p"=>"terms",
>"conceptid"=>"resource:SIO_000000"}
>>>
>>> NoMethodError (undefined method `io' for #<Errno::ECONNREFUSED:
>>> Connection refused - connect(2)>):
>>> lib/BioPortalRestfulCore.rb:1167:in `get_xml'
>>> lib/BioPortalRestfulCore.rb:564:in `getOntology'
>>> app/models/data_access.rb:564:in `send'
>>> app/models/data_access.rb:564:in `cache_pull'
>>> app/models/data_access.rb:186:in `getOntology'
>>> app/controllers/ontologies_controller.rb:178:in `terms'