oor-dev

Re: [oor-dev] OOR sandbox down?

To: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: OpenOntologyRepository-development <oor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[cwe-imp]" <cwe-imp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Tejas Parikh <tejas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:59:34 -0400
Peter,

I am OK with upgrading next week. Can I be added to notification emails so that I can restart services as needed.

Thanks,
--Tejas

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tejas & All,

Thank you, Tejas ... however,

1. Since we will be having the OntologySummit2011_Symposium[1] (at
NIST, Gaithersburg, MD) next Monday and Tuesday (Apr-18 & 19) and it
is likely that we will have a post-symposium session that involves
OOR, I suggest we do the upgrade AFTER the sympoisum (maybe the
following weekend, your call, Tejas.)

2. It is important that we make sure the OOR-sandbox is up and running
those two days, can you help keep a eye on that, and be on standby
just in case it crashes again, and we need to bring it back up
quickly. For the post-symposium session, in particular, we do need OOR
running on Tue 2011.04.19 at around 4:00pm~6:30pm EDT (the session
will be at around 4:45~6:15pm to be exact.)

3. There are a few things to note and to work on, relating to this upgrade:

(a)  what BioPortal rev. level would it be  [Ken will re-confirm with
the BioPortal folks & advise]

(b)  note earlier discussed workplan - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_02_18#nid2NWZ

4. Again, WARNING to all current content owners on the OOR-sandbox:

ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_02_18#nid2NXC
&
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-forum/2011-02/msg00010.html

... When this new OOR-sandbox upgrade kicks-in, all content will start
afresh (i.e. all uploaded ontologies on the sandbox.)  Those who have
uploaded  ontologies so far should note down the ontologies they need,
and possibly  contact the authors to upload them again if they don't
show up.  ... Presumably, the content related to biomedicine that was
previously
federated from BioPortal will not be there any longer, at least not
automatically.

Thanks & regards.  =ppy