oor-dev

Re: [oor-dev] OOR Developers Discussion Meeting

To: "'Todd J Schneider'" <todd.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'OpenOntologyRepository-development' <oor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, peter.yim@xxxxxxxxx
From: "Michael Dorf" <mdorf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 11:13:40 -0700
Hi Todd,    (01)

As we agreed during our Friday's call, I have once more reviewed the
reverse-engineered UML class model of NCBO BioPortal you posted.  I believe
that in its current state, the diagram is quite useful, as it contains the
complete set of packages/classes in BioPortal. Instead of paring down this
version, I propose to draw another one that removes some auxiliary utility
classes. The following packages (and all its associated sub-packages) and
classes can be removed from this diagram:    (02)

stanford.domain
stanford.util
stanford.view.filter
stanford.view.util
stanford.wrapper
OBOFoundryIdUpdater
OntologyFileCopier
AbstractBioPortalTest    (03)

Removing these will leave only the core set of packages (such as services,
managers, and views) relevant to the overall architecture.     (04)

Let me know if you have any questions.    (05)

Thanks,    (06)

Misha    (07)