oor-dev

Re: [oor-dev] NCBO-OOR - config questions

To: Nick Griffith <ngriff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[oor-dev]" <oor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[cwe-imp]" <cwe-imp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 20:20:41 -0800
Thank you, Nick. ... responding inline below.  =ppy
--    (01)

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Nick Griffith <ngriff@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [ngriff] Config Questions
>
> 1) Do you want it to email you when an exception occurs? (this can happen
> frequently depending on the types of ontologies that are loaded.. bad data
> causes exceptions so when the bots come round you get spammed, but its good
> to have when debugging issues)
> - If you want this, what is your smtp server?  What email do you want it
> sent to? What is the domain the emails should come from?    (02)

[ppy]  eventually, we should probably set up an archived email list to
collect/distribute these exception messages ... but (for now) to test
and make sure things function properly, please use the following:
- what is your smtp server? [mail1.cim3.com]
- What email do you want it sent to? [ oor01-sys@xxxxxxxx ]
- What is the domain the emails should come from? [ oor-01.cim3.net ]    (03)

>  [ngriff]  2) What do you want the cache timer at?
>  (We currently have it set at 3 hours to reduce the load,
> the optimal time with a small amount of ontologies is
> every hour to reset it to go along with the parsing of new ontologies.. This
> can always be changed in the /apps/model/data_access.rb file)    (04)

[ppy]  you guys (NCBO/Stanford-BMIR) should be making this call (at
least for now) . ... that said, we can certainly start with "every
hour" and see how the system handles it.    (05)

> 3) What is the final url going to be? there are some options that require it
> (the RSS feed and the flash visualization)    (06)

[ppy]  for now, we can just use <oor-01.cim3.net> (this is just
"sandbox-1", presumably, there is yet a "sandbox-2" before we get to
"production-1."    (07)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy