oor-dev

Re: [oor-dev] NCBO-OOR

To: Benjamin Dai <benjamin.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Alex Skrenchuk <alexskr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mike Dean <mdean@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "[oor-dev]" <oor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[cwe-imp]" <cwe-imp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 17:28:25 -0800
Benjamin, Alex, Mike and All,    (01)

The OOR sandbox VM (xen) is now ready.    (02)

1. System details as follows:    (03)

hostname: oor-01.cim3.net
IP: 76.14.77.31    (04)

Operating system: CentOS 5.2
Linux version 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5xen (mockbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
(gcc version 4.1.2 20071124 (Red Hat 4.1.2-42)) #1 SMP Tue Dec 16
13:08:49 EST 2008    (05)

CPU: dual Intel 3.2 GHz XEON cpu with 1MB L2 cache and fpu    (06)

Storage (all in RAID-1 synchronized mirror configuration):
-  15GB for system files
--  /dev/sda1 - 12GB free space under / (root)
-  200GB for work* (applications and data)
--  /dev/sdb1 - 200GB free space under /oor01    (07)

* Remarks:
  -  this space (is being prep'd now) and will be ready tomorrow
  -  we can repartition and change the mount points as necessary
(please advise if you have specific needs at this point)    (08)

2. Users & Access:    (09)

Users (created so far):
 alexskr - "Alex Skrenchuk" <alexskr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 bdai - "Benjamin Dai" <benjamin.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 jcheyer - "Jonathan Cheyer" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxx>
 mdean - "Mike Dean" <mdean@xxxxxxx>
 shinya - "Shinya Yamada" <shinya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 yimpp - "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>    (010)

All users will be able access the system via ssh from the IP they have
provided with their rsa keys.    (011)

... [ I will send each of you your initial password under separate
cover. Please modify that password when you first log in. *Please*
avoid using a weak password - ref.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Password_strength#Examples_of_weak_passwords
]    (012)

Sudoer assigned: alexskr, bdai, jcheyer, mdean, shinya, yimpp    (013)

3. I would suggest:    (014)

(a) that all users try to ssh the oor-01 VM to make sure they can
connect to the machine. Please let me know if there is any problem
(feel free to call me at 650.578.9998). Kindly confirm once you can
successfully log into the machine.    (015)

(b) try to upload some of the big files that you will need for your
installation to the oor-01"box" now, to the 10GB free space under /
(root) (to take advantage of the night and weekend.)    (016)

(c) continue discussion vai this thread, to work out the rest of the
detail to get our first OOR sandbox instance running on the NCBO
BioPortal technology. Note that if you send a copy to
<oor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, it will be distributed to the entire of
the subscribers of the [oor-dev] list and will be archived for future
reference. The archive is publicly accesible (by anyone who has access
to the Internet (therefore, be careful!)  In the spirit of a
transparent development process, let's do that as much as we can. ...
Therefore, for things/communications that one would not like to be
publicly archived, please do not copy to the [oor-dev] list.    (017)

Kindly acknowledge by return email, your receipt of this message, and
please advise upon your successful connection to the oor-01 VM.    (018)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (019)

Peter P. Yim    (020)

Co-convener,
OpenOntologyRepository (OOR) Initiative
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository
http://oor.projects.semwebcentral.org/
http://OpenOntologyRepository.org    (021)

Co-convener,
Ontolog Forum
http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki/    (022)

President & CEO
CIM Engineering, Inc. (dba. "CIM3")
San Mateo, California, USA.
http://cwe.cim3.net/
+1 (650) 578-9998    (023)

P.S. may I take the opportunity to introduce my teammates from CIM3 -
Jonathan Cheyer (jcheyer), whom Mark has met; and Shinya Yamada
(shinya). They will be part of the conversation, as the discussion
touch on areas which they had worked on.
--    (024)