Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology Summit 2014 Hackathon - Optimized SPARQL

To: ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 16:38:57 -0400
On 4/1/14 2:01 PM, Anatoly Levenchuk wrote:

Kingsley, it seems this hackaton project not finished yet, report of Victor Chernov team is only preliminary one. You welcomed to Victor Chernov team, it is not too late to join. Your advices and help can be valuable to achieve Ontology Summit 2014 Hackathon goals.

VictorC, it seems to me that you should explain more in your final Hackathon report about using of “native API” (that API regard semantic data as a kind of “structured data” and therefore somehow fill the Data structure gap) in benchmarking experiments with triple stores. I wonder why questions was more like “what operation system have you used” but not “what with your native API”.

Best regards,

Anatoly

Architecturally, I am still trying to comprehend this whole "native API" vs whatever angle. In regards to the Big Data problem, you have many types of identifiers and data access protocols [1] sitting between users and their data. If this maze isn't well understood, you simply end up looping on different variants of the same problem.

Anyway, if you have a link to something about the hackathon that clarifies what you mean by "native API" and how it aids the use of ontologies for data integration, just share via reply.

Links:

[1] http://bit.ly/1biJTBZ -- what sits between You and your Data
[2] http://bit.ly/1c4T1z2 -- Data Virtualization as handled by Virtuoso

--